Does your institution have a job vacancy you would like announced to SCASFAA members?
Please submit all job postings to the Electronic Services Chair.
LOCATION: Anderson University; Anderson, SC
JOB TITLE: Counselor/VA Coordinator, Financial Services
Anderson University’s Office of Financial Services invites applications for a full-time position as Counselor/VA Coordinator. Anderson University is an innovative, entrepreneurial, premier comprehensive, liberal arts university affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Candidates with a strong Christian value system, lifestyle, and commitment to the integration of faith and learning are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should be prepared to:
• Counsel students on all aspects of financial aid including satisfactory academic progress for federal aid; State scholarship eligibility, renewal and enhancement requirements; professional judgment consideration; and financial literacy/default aversion guidance.
• Be responsible for file processing, verification and R2T4 calculations for an assigned student population. Responsible for intake and follow-up with students and parents on items needed and/or incomplete. Responsible for credit hour adjustments and repackaging for disbursement.
• Assist applicants with completion of the application and other required documents and promotes excellent customer service by assisting visitors to the office with various needs and answering telephone calls and emails according to an established schedule.
• Manage the veteran educational benefits program. Processes and maintains all required records on veteran enrollment certification, attendance, academic changes, and termination. Monitors required academic standards. Provides information related to application, certification, admissions, attendance and academic progress.
• Serve as the University's Tuition Exchange, employee waiver, Study Abroad and graduate waiver liaison.
• Bachelor's degree or two years financial aid related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations and general business publications.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from students and parents, regulatory agencies, and various members of the campus and business community.
• Basic mathematical skills include: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to perform these operations using units of American currency, weight measurement, volume and distance.
• Understanding of financial aid regulations.
• Ability to work on multiple software systems such as PowerFAIDS, Power Campus, Department of Education systems, and Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Word).
To ensure full consideration, please send a letter of application, resume and an Anderson University Staff Application to:
Director of Financial Services
Anderson, SC 29621
Electronic submissions are preferred and may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anderson University does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or religion in its programs and activities. Please direct inquiries to Dr. Beverly Rice McAdams, Vice President for Diversity and Inclusion/Title IX Administrator, Merritt Administration Building, 3rd floor, 316 Boulevard, Anderson, SC, 29621, (864) 231-2126, email@example.com or to the Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOCATION: Columbia International University; Columbia, SC
JOB TITLE: Financial Aid Counselor
The primary role of the Financial Aid Counselor is to provide excellent customer service to current and prospective students. The duties of the Financial Aid Counselor include advising students and parents regarding financial aid concerns. The counselor will be responsible for coordinating the CIU donor scholarship process, awarding graduate student, athletic and outside scholarships. The counselor will also assist the Office manager and Director of Financial Aid with daily operational tasks.
Counsel current and prospective students regarding financial aid concerns, file status, and aid eligibility
Coordinates CIU donor scholarship process
Award outside scholarships and help students explore outside scholarship options
Create content and revise content for the financial aid publications, website, net price calculator, financial aid student portal and social media
Update consumer disclosures per Dept. of Education federal regulations each year
Assist with planning donor luncheon with Development
Assist with planning other recruitment events with Admissions
Provide backup assistance for office manager as needed, responding to inquiries via telephone, email and walk-ins
Continual need for: customer service skills, alertness, organization, critical thinking skills, math skills, attention to detail, ability to recall and adhere to federal regulations, ability to interact with students, listen, explain, and counsel
Frequent need for: writing, investigating, decision-making, and planning
High school diploma required
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience required
Customer service experience preferred
Application can be found here.
LOCATION: Tri County Technical College; Pendleton, SC
JOB TITLE: Financial Aid Advisor (2 positions available)
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated person to serve as a financial aid advisor at Tri-County Technical College. Functioning with general supervision by the Assistant Director of Financial Aid, the candidate must have knowledge, experience, and be able to interpret federal and state financial aid laws and regulations to make independent decisions to ensure compliance. Candidate will utilize high-level skills in communication, collaboration, data processing, computer literacy, critical thinking, creativity, organization, and problem solving skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a priority.
This position will leverage his/her expertise in financial aid to ensure compliance with federal, college, and department policies and procedures and will provide excellent advising services to all students and parents. Ability to provide supportive and holistic advising for a wide range of student problems and concerns, to include both traditional financial aid as well as financial literacy.
Each advisor is responsible for a substantial case load that provides life-cycle processing for his/her cohort of students and requires the advisor to have a significant breadth and depth of financial aid knowledge related to packaging, verification, loans, SAP, professional judgments, State Aid, pell LEU, SULA, UEH, default or overpayment issues, student eligibility, and citizenship review. In addition to advising and processing, advisors will also own certain unique policies, processes, and/or student outreach efforts.
Please go to https://jobs.tctc.edu/postings/3331 to apply. The position closes on June 25th and we do plan on filling two positions from this one posting.
LOCATION: The Citadel; Charleston, SC
JOB TITLE: Associate Director of Financial Aid
Associate Director of Financial Aid
Work type: Full Time Permanent - Staff
Categories: Student Affairs
Payscale: South Carolina State Pay Band 5
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, invites applications for an Associate Director of Financial Aid. Located in historic Charleston, South Carolina. The Citadel has been ranked for the sixth consecutive year by U.S. News and World Report as the top public college in the South among master's-granting institutions.
This position will assist in the management and administration of a wide variety of institutional scholarship programs, to include assisting the Director of Financial Aid & Scholarships with managing all military, university, and institutional scholarship budgets, including reporting and auditing compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements regarding financial aid. Independent decision making relevant to programs administered is required.
Will perform advanced financial aid reporting, analysis, and modeling to make recommendations on how financial aid funding can be leveraged to achieve enrolment goals. Collaborates with the enrollment management offices to forecast and generate projections to strengthen decision-making capacity.
Must work to solve student issues and problems as they relate to the financial aid process. Ensures proper communication of information and procedures. Makes appropriate referrals to college student support offices.
A Master’s degree is required.
Higher Education financial aid experience strongly preferred. Experience with Banner and reporting software is also preferred.
The Citadel is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any individual, or group of individuals, on the basis of age, color, race, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information or veteran's status in its employment practices.
The Citadel has a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. We encourage applications from minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.